We're trying out Notion as a potential replacement for this wiki. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like an invite. Thanks!
Welcome to Make Salt Lake's wiki!
Have a look around, create an account, edit some pages, create some new ones (you can do that by typing the name of your new page in the search bar, then hitting the link that shows up at the top of the search results page). And let us know in #shop on Slack if you think this is useful or have any thoughts!
You can also view a list of all pages on this wiki by going to Special:AllPages.
Information on The Center Shop
Information on the Print Shop
Information on laser cutters
How to edit
Sign up for an account
You'll need an account before you can start editing the wiki. This is mostly a spam prevention measure.
To sign up for an account:
- Go to this page, or click the "Create account" link in the upper right corner
- Enter a username (your choice, but keep it clean), password, and your email address
- Enter your real name, if you like. Note that others will be able to see this.
- Hit "Create your account"
- You'll receive a confirmation email with a link you'll have to open to confirm your email address. Do that now. You won't be able to edit any pages until you do so.
- View and edit your preferences, if you like.
- Start editing!
Edit an existing page
Find an existing page. You can either search for one or head on over to Special:AllPages, a page that lists all pages on the wiki.
Once you've got the page you want to edit pulled up, do this:
- Click the "Edit" link, which is near the upper right corner if you're using the default theme
- Make changes. See  and  for help with the different formatting options you can use.
- If you'd like to see what the page will look like before you save it, click "Show preview".
- Click "Save changes" to save your work. That's it!
Create a new page
To create a new page, search for it by name (the search bar will be in the upper right corner if you're using the default theme). You'll see the text 'Create the page "..." on this wiki!' - click the page's title within that text and you'll be taken to a screen where you can write some initial content for the page. Click "Save page" when you're ready to create it and you're done!